Researcher of the Institute of Mediterranean and Oriental Cultures PAS since 2019
Specialization and research interests:
Traditional grammar systems in India; Indian phonetics and lexicography; exchange of ideas between East and West, particularly between India, Europe, Tibet and China.
• studies of Indology at the University of Warsaw and of phonetics and linguistics at the University of Hamburg
• doctorate at the University of Hamburg ("The Bhāṣāvṛttivivaraṇapañjikā of Viśvarūpa, the first adhyāya and a detailed examination")
• 1990 to 1992 – lecturer at the University of Warsaw (Institute of Oriental Studies),
• 1994 to 2003 – co-editor of Studia Indologiczne [Indological Studies] (Warsaw)
• 2006-2019 – lecturer at the University of Munich (LMU, Institut für Indologie und Tibetologie)
• guest lectures in Shanghai (Fudan University) and Chengdu (Sichuan University).