Conference Paper Abstracts
Ist edition entitled
EGYPT YESTERDAY AND TODAY
Between Tradition and Modernity
1. An Egyptian Mosque of the Latest Times in Egypt, Europe, Asia, and America
- prof. Swietłana Czerwonnaja
2. Picturesque Egyptian cinema (based on film adaptations)
- prof. Ewa Machut-Mendecka
3. Queen`s marriage with god
- prof. Karol Myśliwiec
4. The beginning of Druze movement (XIth century) based on the Muslim chronicles
- prof. Katarzyna Pachniak
5. Egypt in accounts of Herodotus of Halicarnassus
- prof. UŚ Anna Kucz i Edyta Gryksa, Ph.D.
6. The Major Five – Study of the beginnings of western classical music in Egypt
- Agnieszka Marucha, post-doctoral degree
7. Past and present in Dālīā Basyūnī’s theatre play entitled Sūlītīr (Solitaire)
- Sebastian Gadomski, Ph.D.
8. Sad fate of Egyptian temples on the example of Theban buildings of Queen Hatshepsut
- Jadwiga Iwaszczuk, Ph.D.
9. Egypt yesterday and today in Yūsuf Zaydān’s novels
- Magdalena Kubarek, Ph.D.
10. Ar-Riḥla in the service of An-Nahḍa. Kitāb taẖlīṣ al-ibrīz fī talẖīṣ Bārīz Rifāʻa aṭ-Ṭahṭāwī
- Magdalena Lewicka, Ph.D.
11. Relations between Poland and Egypt in a historical perspective. The first 25 years.
- Michał Lipa, Ph.D.
12. The house of the family Qurashi and its equipment (19th-1st half of 20th century, Old Qasr Town in Dakhla Oasis)
- Anetta Łyzwa-Piber, Ph.D.
13. Traditional and modern narrative strategies in autobiographical works by Raḍwā ʿĀšūr
- Adrianna Maśko, Ph.D.
14. "A Very Egyptian Thinker". Naṣr Ḥāmid Abū Zayd (1943–2010) and His Approach to the Concept of Historicity (tā’rīkhiyya)
- Michał Moch, Ph.D.
15. Between Admiration and Contempt – Annalistic Descriptions of Egyptians from the Time of Conquest
- Magdalena Pinker, Ph.D.
16. Ancient and modern Egyptian traditions of preparing a bread
- Teodozja Rzeuska, Ph.D.
17. Methods of revolution and forms of power in Egypt 2012
- Mohammed Algaim, MA
18. Multidimensional aspects of Coptic Identity against the background of undergoing transformations in Egypt in 20th and 21st centuries
- Małgorzata Al-Shahari, MA
19. Do schools in Egypt ensure a relevant environment for student's learning and development? Analysis of the data from international comparative assessments of students’ achievement and Egyptian education policies
- Małgorzata Davies, MA
20. Why Egypt ended up in Cleopatra? - the presence of Egypt in pop culture
- Malwina Wojtala, MA
21. „We`re the sons of the Pharaohs and we`re proud to be Egyptians” – Taking pride in history as a crucial element of shaping Egyptians’ identity on the basis of selected songs and video clips from 2011-2016
- Edyta Wolny, MA
22. Arabic personal names of geographical origin, belonging to authors and copyists of manuscripts in Dār al-Kutub al-Miṣriyyat
- Bogusław R. Zagórski, MA
23. Inspirations of Egyptian art in sculpture of first half of XX century
- Agnieszka Żuber, BA